⇐ BACK TO IMPACT INVESTMENT SUMMIT 2023 SPEAKERS
Kate joined AIM, as a partner in 2017, bringing over 28 years’ experience in investment management and financial markets. Kate’s ambition is to help deliver both financial returns and impact through mainstream investing. Kate leverages her extensive background in leadership, financial markets, communication and client engagement.
Kate was formerly a Managing Director at Goldman Sachs and Co-Head of Asia Pacific Ex-Japan Asset Management Institutional Sales (GSAM). In this capacity, Kate was responsible for GSAM’s client engagement and distribution throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia, across a wide variety of asset classes. Prior to this, Kate worked in New York with Goldman Sachs JBWere, engaging with US clients within Institutional Equity Research Sales, having begun her 17-year career with Goldman Sachs as a research analyst.
Kate was previously a consultant in Financial Risk Management at PwC, where she gained invaluable experience serving mining and banking clients in Melbourne, Toronto and Hong Kong.
Whilst at Goldman Sachs, Kate served on the GSAM Asia Pacific Ex-Japan Management Committee and was a founding member of the Goldman Sachs Women’s Executive Network Committee (Australia) and an active member of the Goldman Sachs Diversity Leadership Group (Australia).
Kate gained a Bachelor of Economics from Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. Kate is also a Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD) and a Chartered Accountant (ACA). Kate is Board member of Netwealth (ASX: NWL) and Chair of Investment Committee. She sits on the Investment Committee of Conscious Investment Management and Melbourne Grammar School.
In 2017, Kate was a contestant on Australian Survivor Season 2.
Employment & Qualifications
- Partner, Affirmative Investment Management, London, UK: Aug 2017 – Present
- Managing Director, Goldman Sachs (Melbourne and New York): 1999 – 2016
- Senior Manager, PwC (Melbourne and Toronto): 1992 – 1999
- Netwealth (ASX: NWL) Board member and Chair of Investment Committee: Feb 2021-
- Conscious Investment Management Investment Committee member: Jan 2020 – Present
- Melbourne Grammar School Investment Committee member: June2018 – Present
- Melbourne Girls Grammar Board member and Chair of Marketing Committee: Jan 2016 – Sept 2020
- Bachelor of Economics (Accounting), Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
- Institute Chartered Accountants (member)
- Graduate Australian Institute Company Directors (GAICD)